Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Beyonce

Hey :)

So todays little lady I'm talking about is Mrs Beyonce Knowles. If you don't know that name..then what planet are you from?? ;) I welcome aliens of all types especially if you have the Tenth Doctor ie. David Tennant following after you :D

Beyonce Giselle Knowles was one of the ladies in Destiny's Child and that is where I first enjoyed her voice. She was very successful throuhout her time with the group....but it was in 2001 that she began her solo career. As well as her three well known albums, Beyonce has starred in several films and started her own fashion line with her mum.

Her first album, 'Dangerously In Love', my sister bought when it was released, and although I was crazy over her first single, I didn't go mad over the album. However, since then it has always been an album I go back to. My favourite songs include Hip Hop Star, Dangerously in Love, and Yes. But there are so many good songs on there...it was hard to choose :)



'Dangerously in Love' was released in 2003, followed by a live DVD which I have yet to buy. I have seen it on the television though and WOW..that girl can produce a live show!! In 2006, Beyonce brought out her second solo album 'B-Day'. This one I did buy because I loved her single 'Deja Vu'. From this album, my highlights include Freakum Dress, Suga Mama, Irreplaceable and Resentment. Stunning and sexy-it was a really amazing album for me.



Her third solo album was released this year; 'I Am...Sasha Fierce'. Its and incredible album and I really hope you've heard it because if not then you need to!! :) I adore Scared of Lonely, Disappear, Hello, Ego and Ave Maria.



The reason I've chosen to write about Beyonce, is because she is one of my favourite artists. Her songs give me confidence, make me feel sexy, and reveal the vulnerable yet sassy side of me. However, song from Joss such as Lady and Put Your Hands On Me are also helping me to feel this way, so I haven't been listening to Beyonce as much. But in two weeks time I get to see Beyonce live!! OH YES!! I won tickets to see her...I'm near the front with my boyfriend and my best mate and my sister are at the back :) It'll be great..and I'll upload a review of it here.

Until then..vist her site on the right there :)

Peace&Love
:)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment